Casinos offer a wide variety of games for you to choose from. These can range from classics like roulette, poker, blackjack, slots, and baccarat. Two fan favourites from these are slots and video poker. Both are casino classics, fun to play, and easy to understand. These exciting games have a lot to offer. However, it can be hard to decide which one of these you should play. Read on to be able to make a smart choice!
Extremely popular at both online and land-based casinos, slots make for a truly exciting gaming experience.
- Online slot machines are exactly the same as the fruit slots in land-based casinos, just computerized.
- Online slot machines also come in a huge range of themes, and with different RTPs.
- So, you can play the same fruit games with more fun symbols – ranging from anything from cats to Santa Claus to food.
Slots are easy to play – just invest your money, spin the wheel, and hope for a win. Slots constitute about 70% of casino games. They are popular because of this ease and the thrill it provides.
Another popular classic, video poker is a fixed-odds game. It involves strategy and smart, quick thinking, and varies hugely from one slot to another.
- Poker is also available to play in all its versions – some of which are Jacks or Better, Texas Hold’Em, and Omaha.
- Mostly, we play them with a five-card draw.
- Video poker is popular also because of its high payouts. Many poker games even promise a 100% RTP.
- Indeed, if you know how to play poker, it is quite easy to win it. But learning to play your cards right takes skill and patience.
The basic rules of the game are easy to understand. Video poker is a popular alternative to slots.
Choosing a Game
Slots and video poker are often compared to each other. This is because of their similar machines and gameplay. In fact, people often call video poker, poker slots. To choose one from the two, let’s look at some differences.
Slots is a game based purely on chance. Winning is dependent wholly on your luck. Poker involves luck but is more based on skill and strategic play.
- Both slots and poker offer several playouts.
- Depending on the RTP of the game, you have a considerable chance to make your money back along with some bonuses.
- Usually, slots give you a chance to win jackpots, but it is rare.
- Video poker, on the other hand, provides small but consistent winnings.
Slots are a more relaxed and laid-back game where you don’t have to do much. Unlike video poker, which can prove to be stressful to some extent. Slots offer more bonuses and comps than video poker. Usually, they also have more themes to choose from.
Both games have pros and cons, and your decision to choose what to play should depend on what you expect from your gambling experience, as well as your knowledge of the games. But rest assured that whatever you play, both slots and video poker will be a good time.